MFW: Versace Fall 2012

Versace Fall 2012

After Donatella Versace's S/S & Couture lines for 2012, I was expecting big things from her for the Fall collection and she didn't disappoint in the slightest. I mean, how could she? No one does Versace, like Versace!

Donatella harnessed the sheer power of women and created a collection of floor length chain mail gowns, sparkly studded dresses, crosses, stiff bodices and gave the collection a dominatrix/Gothic warrior feel, and judging by the way the models made their way robotically down the runway, the absolute stiffness of the bodices would more than definitely offer some protection against an oncoming attack at a sample sale!

There seemed to be a nod to Catholicism in the collection as well with crosses on garments and made me think back to Vera Wang's collection at NYFW, where she had cathedral ceilings printed onto silk fabrics and chiffon's in a dark and vampy manner.

Milan is the fashion city of glamour, extravagance and all out showing off, and this is the reason I anticipate it coming around twice a year. (that, or maybe it's just because I have Italian roots and visit Sorrento every summer!)

Aside from Versace, Raf Simons' final collection for Jil Sander, Alberta Ferretti and Gucci's Fall 2012 collections are some of my favourite shows to date this week (if you missed them, click here), but I'm interested in the shows that you've enjoyed the most so far! - Let me know. 


Comments

Popular Posts