Location Styling: Graffiti Grunge

Location Styling:
Graffiti Grunge


I've decided to give you a little something out of the ordinary this morning on Vita di Moda: A sneak peak at my latest photography shoot for university! The brief was 'location styling' and I was given free reign on the location, style, model etc etc. In Newcastle, there is a gig venue called The Cluny. Now, the first time I was taken there (to taste the burgers - which are delicious by the way - not for music), we walked through this sort of, abandoned street in an old factory district. It has a little canal with old boats on one side, and a row of old, crumbling buildings covered in graffiti on the other. If I'm completely honest, you sort of get the feeling that you might get attacked walking down the road on your own, but it's just because of the sheer grit and grunge-y ambiance of the place. As soon as I was given the location styling brief in class, I immediately knew that I had to style the shoot around the graffiti and knew that my fiance Chris would fit in perfectly, seeing as his style is a little skater-boy-esque.

I got up at the crack of dawn this lovely Sunday morning, made breakfast and waited on the sun getting to the point in the sky where that orange haze started to appear. Once it did, we were off and had the shoot down in about 20 minutes. I was anticipating the shoot to last an hour or so as I'm not all that experienced with photography or shoots in general, but it was relatively easy to get some good shots that I was happy with and that looked great. I took around fifty or so shots, but just wanted to share a few of them with you here. Let me know what you think!











All photos are taken by myself with a FujiFilm FinePix S2980 and are copyright to Maria Litizia Kelly @ www.vitadimoda.com. If you would like to use any of these images, please drop me an email at maria.litizia@hotmail.co.uk

Comments

Popular Posts