How I Wore It: Shelfies Printed Sweater

How I Wore It:
Shelfies Sweaters


Now, I don't normally do outfit posts (I sort of did a while back, but then it faded out) however within the past couple of weeks I received some amazing statement sweaters in the post and felt compelled to make a little outfit or 'how I wore it' post to show you all what they look like. Now, you may, or may not remember a post that I wrote a few months ago featuring the outrageously printed sweaters from the Canadian brand Shelfies. If you do then fantastic; you get a gold star and can stick around for a bit, but if not then don't worry because you can catch up on it here.  


As you can see from the picture above, I am now the proud owner of the sugarcube and gummy worm sweater. Problem is though, the gummy worm unfortunately doesn't quite fit me - well, how I would want it to anyway - so I let my sister try it on for size and now it's pretty much all she ever wears. As much as this pains me, at least it's getting it's moneys worth.

Follow Vita di Moda on Instagram! - "vitadimoda"

I decided to wear my sweater with the Black Milk Skeleton leggings and neon pink/black Nike Air Max. I suppose it was a bit of a statement outfit with both top and bottom having prints on them, but I figured it would be acceptable because the jumper is mainly just white tones with some brown on the shadows. Obviously it wasn't an outfit which needed very many accessories, however my sleeve did add a little extra something to it. See, tattoos can come in handy for outfit choices - it's like effortless style and doesn't get in the way like bracelets do!

In terms of fit, the sweaters are unisex (there's more about measurements etc on the Shelfies website when you purchase one), so for mines being a size small, I felt the shoulders and arms were a bit bulky. You just need to roll the sleeves up though and it's fine. They're 100% polyester with a fleece lining, so they have an alright stretch in them and keep you relatively warm. I wore mines out without a jacket or top underneath in Newcastle this week and didn't feel like I needed anything on top of it. 

Ocean Wave & Cloud of Love Sweaters
(Both $59.99)
Since last writing about the brand, they've come up with a few new designs to add to their catalog which includes some pretty comical sloth designs. Although I can't say I would pull one of those off, they do have these two sweaters which I'm mentally adding to my wish list as I type this.

What do you think of the sweaters? Would you be brave enough to wear one and make a statement? 

Want one for yourself? Head on over to their website and get shopping! 

Comments

  1. These jumpers are so fun!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest posts:

    Crop top and white buckle sandals - Essex Inspired Outfit!

    Lily Lulu Leather Laser Cut Dress

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'll definitely check your blog out just now and give you a follow back :)

      Glad you like the post!

      VdM xo

      Delete
  2. Hey, I see you ordered a size Small. What size do you normally wear in women shirts? I'm looking to buy one, and I've used their sizing chart, but I just would like a lil more info. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I normally wear a UK size 8 - 10. I find that the Shelfies sweaters are fine up top, but feel a bit tighter (not drastically though) at the bottom around the hip area. That's just my body shape though, so it might be different for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts