Summer Wedding

Summer Wedding:
What The @#!* Do I Wear?

As I was clearing out some magazines, books etc from my old room at home, I came across some wedding magazines from when I was engaged in my last relationship. You can imagine how thrilled I was to find those. But it did get me thinking of a potential blog post, so I can't complain too much, now can I? 

I may know that I never want to get married, but that doesn't mean that I won't want to attend a few over the next few years. So then I thought, what would I even wear to one actually? The only time I've been to a wedding, I was part of the bridal party so I didn't exactly have a say in anything that I wore that day. If I were just a regular guest though, I think I would wear something along these lines..


Now, considering the fact these these items cost between £100 - £1000+ each, I think it's safe to say that they're wish list items and not exactly something that I could readily go out and buy if I were attending a wedding any time soon. Not with my current student status anyway! I suppose I could always find a high street alternative.

Whenever people think of wedding outfits, they automatically think 'dress'. It's effortless, so I can see why you would go for it. That being said, I quite like the idea of a skirt and top combo. Each of the tops that I've chosen would be tucked into the high waisted skirts with a belt to add a more defined waist and little extra decoration.  

In terms of other accessories, I don't think I really have to point out that I was feeling something luminous, whether it be the shoe or clutch bag, but I think it's just a lot more summery and eye catching.  It also makes the outfit look more youthful as well. I really wish I had a wedding to go to now!

If you want to look at any of the items from the post, just click here and check them out via my Polyvore account.

Photo Credit: Websites: Farfetch, Cruise, House of Fraser - Edited on Polyvore.

Comments

Popular Posts