Lunch Date: Ninety Nine Newcastle

Let's Do Lunch:
Ninety Nine, Newcastle


I think the only time I've written a blog post that wasn't exactly fashion related, was when I started my sleeve tattoo just after the New Year hit. I can't say that I've ever felt the urge to write about other topics really, but after my little lunch date with the best friend yesterday, it's simply a must do.
I had heard about a little cafe-type eatery called Ninety Nine just off Monument (Grey Street to be exact) in Newcastle earlier in the week and after some Googling and reading reviews, thought it would be a nice idea if my friend and I had lunch there before she went off on holiday on Monday. This, as it happens, turns out to be the best idea I've ever had (well, nearly) and is looking to be a place that we'll want to visit at least once a week from now on.


The place is relatively small as they promoted themselves as 'Gourmet Fast Food'. You walk in and are immediately greeted by the nicest chef I've ever met. I'm not just saying this. He was all smiles and knew everything that there was to know about the product he was offering. He explained all of the meal deals without us having to ask and had me certain on the fact that I was getting the (handmade) beef burger with sweet potato fries and (homemade) lemonade - the lemonade is an extra 50p, but believe me, in this heat we've been getting, it was worth every penny. Sophie decided on the tortellini and couldn't help herself when she saw the sweet potato fries on my order and got those alongside hers as well. Well, it would have been rude not to really.


My burger came with sweet jalapeño pepper relish (absolutely amazing by the way), salad, mayo and cheddar cheese, but you could add bacon and other things if you wanted to as well. The sweet potato fries were hand cut and cooked with some chilli which enhanced the flavour and really went well with the relish in the burger. Oh and the burger bun - fresh from a local bakery that day. Perfection.
Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to taste Sophie's pasta dish, but judging from her facial expressions -  and the rate in which she devoured the whole thing - I'd be willing to put a bet on it tasting pretty damn good.

In terms of pricing, you won't pay any more than £6 for something, but to be honest, I'd be willing to pay whatever they asked for. Like I said earlier, I've never felt the urge to write about anything other than fashion at Vita di Moda, but I just had to make an exception for Ninety Nine. The only thing that could make them better? If they delivered..

Follow them on Facebook or Twitter and take a look at their photo's and comments from other customers - you'll see why I love it so much.

Photo Credit: First two images were from Ninety Nine's Twitter account & the last image was taken by myself.


Comments

  1. The ones whom request for a while in fact prepare yourself the fresh foods after they Healthy Food Delivery and received a good get and it's highly recommended you wait around for a couple of minutes instead of invest in a few harmful foods that's been ready very long back. With this circumstance,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts