Wanderlust | Where Will Instagram Take You?

WANDERLUST.
n. the wish to travel far away and to many different places.

I think it's safe to say that the above term describes me to a T at the moment. Maybe it's the cold, wet weather creeping through the apartment this afternoon, or the fact that everyone I know has been talking about traveling plans after graduation in 2015; all I know is that I'm bored of the same old sights of England and I want more. More sunshine, more heat and more adventure.

With everything I have going on at the minute, the only sense of adventure I've had has been spent scrolling through profile upon profile on Instagram. Type in one hashtag and the next minute you're on something completely irrelevant to your first search. It's kind of like when you're on one person's profile and the next minute you know their cousins boyfriend's aunt's cat's name. Talk about going off on a tangent.  But it's from doing this at 2am when i'm in the tight grip of my insomnia that I've discovered so many amazing brands and places that are now firmly on my bucket list of travel destinations.

Photo Credit: via @caitstadler
First up, the Rock Bar located within Bali's Ayana Resort and Spa. Situated literally on the rocks lining the sea, this bar boasts insanely stylish outdoor seating with a view that you'd give a kidney for.  There's nothing more calming for me than sitting at a seaside bar with a nice drink to one side, and a burning sunset to the other. And this is exactly what you would get here. Bali has always been somewhere that I've lusted after in the travel brochures, but now I've decided that it needs to happen if I am to ever find an inner sense of contentment. 

Photo Credit: @alexmarksphotography
Photo Credit: @photosbyjessieann
Next is a little cafe that speaks to me on so many levels. It's The Boathouse at Balmoral Beach, NSW. The location itself is beautiful situated right on the water, but its the interiors and rustic look of the place that has me wanting to visit for a spot of lunch. Surrounded by flowers, plants and wooden fixtures, this little cafe just oozes serenity for those interested in an artsy scene. Looking at their IG profile and website, you can expect anchors stencilled onto your afternoon cappuccino, or a berry smoothie served in the cutest bear-shaped glass i've ever seen. After having an array of fruit platters, croissants and eggs for breakfast, you can then move on to a selection of seafood dishes, salads or burgers from their lunch menu. There really is something to suit everyone's tastes and it all looks amazing. 

Ive come across quite a few places on my IG travels that I want to visit, however the above two have really hit the spot in terms of making me want to spontaneously book a ticket and go right away. Having explored what Sydney has to offer, I've been introduced to lots of new ideals, brands and aesthetics with a very clean, minimalistic feel to them but that is something for another post.


Comments

  1. The Herald altogether view delivering news as it happens, ensuring readers are informed in real time. Whether it's a breaking news story or an in-depth analysis, these websites give continuous content to keep their audience engaged and informed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts