Designer/High Street Collaborations

Marni at H&M

Top: £59.99, Collar: £19.99
Last week we had Mary Katrantzou for Topshop, this week we have the first look at Marni for H&M, which will hit selected stores and online, March 8th at 9am. 
The collection features silk shirts and trousers with bold, all-over prints, as well as sequinned peter pan collars, large statement necklaces and metallic shoes and sandals.

Out of the entire collection though, the only two items that I would personally want to buy are the leather panel jumper and sequinned peter pan collar (seen to the right). I like how the collar looks next to the jumper as it seems to give a girly touch to an otherwise boyish jumper, and incorporates both sides of my personal style; dark & edgy - sweet & feminine.


CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LOOK AT THE COLLECTION

This sudden burst of designer collaborations however, has got me thinking about collaborations that I would like to see happening in the near future. I would like to see some high street collections from Alberta Ferretti, Gucci, Tadashi Shoji, Rachel Zoe, Alexander McQueen, Prabal Gurung...the list could go on. You might ask, well what store would you like to see them collab with? Well, to be honest, I wouldn't really care so long as they just did one. I love each of the before mentioned designers work, so I am sure that I would love any high street collection that they could possibly design. 

Now for the fun part.
Tell me which designers you would like to see design a collection for the high street!

Comments

Popular Posts